The Licensing & Health & Safety Committee considers and advises the Council upon:
· The setting of fees and charges in relation to the licensing and registration functions as specified in Schedule 1 to the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000 and the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) (Amendments) Regulations 2001 as listed in Part B of Appendix 3 to Part 3 of the Council’s Constitution and the setting of application fees under paragraph 6 (1) of schedule 1 to the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
· The setting of fees for applications under the Gambling Act 2005.
· Issues arising from functions relating to Health and Safety under any “relevant statutory provisions” within the meaning of Part 1 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to the extent that those functions are not discharged otherwise than in the Council’s capacity as an employer.
· A statement of principles in relation to Family Entertainment Centre Gaming Machine Permits or Prize Gaming Permits.
Issues arising from the functions relating to the
Health Act 2006 and Smoke-Free Regulations.
(Minute No. 111/7/07 refers).
· Applications under the provisions of the Licensing Act 2003 as set out in the terms of reference of the Licensing Sub-Committee.
The Licensing & Health & Saftety Committee has the following delegations:
· The determination of applications for licences, consents, permits etc under legislation within the remit of the Committee and which are referred to the Committee by the Health, Parking and Community Safety Manager.
· Applications under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005