The Planning Committee carries out the following functions:-
1. The Town and Country Planning and Development Control functions specified in Schedule 1 to the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000 from time to time.
2. The functions of the Council under the Channel Tunnel Rail Link Act.
3. The Council’s response to consultation documents which relate to a function or duty within the terms of reference of this Committee.
4. To authorise the issue of notices, directions, orders or other documents under the legislation within the Terms of Reference including:-
(a) Enforcement Notices.
(b) Stop Notices.
(c) Building Preservation Notices.
(d) Repairs Notices
(e) Discontinuance Orders.
(f) Notices under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
(g) Completion Notices.
(h) Notices in relation to dangerous trees.
(i) Tree Preservation Orders, including confirmation thereof where objections have been received.
(j) Hazardous Substances Contravention Notices.
5. To enter into and otherwise approve planning obligations under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and to vary or relax or discharge planning obligations and agreements under section 52 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971.
6. To determine all cases under the High Hedges Legislation (Part 8 of the Anti Social Behaviour Act 2003) referred to the Committee by the Development Control Manager/Head of Development, Strategic Sites and Design. (Minute No. 71/6/05 refers).
7. To respond on the Council’s behalf to the Kent County Council on any consultation made under Article 24 of the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 and directions made thereunder.
To respond on the Council’s behalf to any consultation of a
Planning nature including those made under the Planning Act 2008
(as amended) and any directions made thereunder.
(Minute No 444/5/15 refers).
9. To exercise the Council’s functions:
(a) under Article 4 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
(b) in relation to advertisement control (for example under the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 and section chapter III of part VIII of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990)
(c) of revocation and modification under sections 97 to 99 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
(Minute No 325/3/17 refers).
Support officer: Member Services 01233 330564. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org